Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

"IN ALL THIS...."

"Then his wife said to him, 'Do you still hold fast to your integrity?  Curse God and die!'  But he said to her, 'You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?'  In all this Job did not sin with his lips."  (Job 2:9, 10)

I can say with certainty that if I had cursed God 53 years ago, "I might be alive and walking around, but I'd be as dead as a beaver hat."

Job's wife simply was a precursor to the millions who were to follow over the millennia.  There was a line in a movie decades ago where one guy said, "God hates me; that's what it is."  The other guy said, "Hate him back; it works for me."  This is stupidity on steroids.

The next time you encounter someone who has suffered terribly, and has turned their back on the Lord Jesus Christ, whether you say it or not, the appraisal of Job rings through the ages, "You speak as one of the foolish...speaks."

Father, in Jesus' Name, how could I ever?!?  Amen.
*******************
CROW MISSION: AUGUST 1-15

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive