Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 12, 2023

"....TO YOUR HEART...."

"For this time I am going to send all My plagues to your heart.., so that you may know that there is no one like Me in all the earth."  (Exodus 9:14, NASB)

"....I am going to send all My plagues to your heart"---- and He did.  Today, it was as though I had never read theses Words.  What chilling, fearful Words.  

Our text reveals God's chilling warning to Pharaoh, but also a loving objective in plagues: "....so that you may know there is no one like Me...."  He "plagues" our rebellion so that we can come to know Him.  

Mankind can fight off the external, e.g., the serpents, the frogs, etc., but King Jesus is after the hearts and minds of men.  Maybe we don't use the word, "plague," but conviction of the Holy Spirit is much the same, and His work goes straight, "....to your heart.., in order to convict and destroy rebellion in us, to soften our hearts so that we will surrender our lives to Jesus Christ"------------- so that you may know there is no one like Me."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for the conviction of the Holy Spirit which finally got to my heart.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive