Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 9, 2023

NORMAL CHURCH LIFE

"Tychicus, a beloved brother, faithful minister, and fellow servant in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me."  (Colossians 4:7)

If you want to read something which 99% of Christendom probably does not underline, read the farewell passages of the Epistles.  They reveal a great comradeship among the Brethren.  Colossians 4:7-18 is an example.

Verse 8 & 9 says, "I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that he may know your circumstances and comfort your hearts, with Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you."

The last part of verse 11 says, "....they have proved to be a comfort to me."  And verse 17: "And say to Archippus, 'Take heed to the ministry which you a have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it."

These passages remind me of our Lord Jesus Christ's statements to His Disciples, to you and me.  These passages are great examples of Family love and friendship.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may I be such person.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive