Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

COMBINE AFFLICTION AND JOY

"And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the Word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit."  (1 Thess. 1:6)

For most, affliction is the opposite of joy; most of us do not put, "affliction," and, "joy," in the same sentence.  In our text, however, we see the power of our Indwelling Jesus Christ, "....in much affliction, with joy...." 

Jesus tells us, "These things I have spoken to you that My joy may be in you...."  Notice, "My joy...in you."  The, "joy of the Holy Spirit", is Jesus Christ's Joy in us, even, "in much affliction."

Father, in Jesus' Name, You are my Joy.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive