Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 23, 2023

"....LIKE AN OWL AMONG THE RUINS"

"I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins.  I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof."  (Psalm 102:6, 7, NIV)

If you are in such a state as our text describes, I remind you today just how absolutely glorious it is that into such a lowly state our Lord Jesus Christ loves to enter.

I call to your remembrance the promise which Jesus gives to all who surrender to Him.  Jesus tells us, "If any one loves Me, he will keep My Word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."  

You and I have our Home in God Our Father, God the Son, Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit.  No longer are we, "....like an owl among the ruins.., like a bird alone on a roof."  Now, because of the Blood of Jesus' Cross, His Death and Resurrection, the Blessed Trinity can now declare, "....We will...make Our home with him."  Glorious living quarters.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that I am not, "....among the ruins-- alone on a roof."  Amen.   

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive