Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 6, 2023

I HAVE THAT

"And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him.  And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh."  (Matthew 2:11)

This is Matthew's account of the birth of King Jesus.  Later on you and I know of the accounts of miracles, and so much more, culminating in Jesus' Death and Resurrection.  We have written accounts of what Jesus did as well as eyewitnesses.

Someone once said to me many years ago, "How do you know that all you believe is true?"  I said, "How do you know that George Washington crossed the Delaware River during the Revolutionary War?  There are no photos or audio recordings of the event."  He said, "Well, there are written reports of the fact."  I said, "I have that."  He said, "There were eyewitnesses."  I said, "I have that."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I believe Your Words.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive