Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, January 1, 2023

ABOVE, BELOW, BEHIND, IN FRONT, AROUND

"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head."  (Psalm 3:3)

Most shields of which I am aware are location specific, i.e., usually to be used in front of a person.  The phrase translated here, "for me," is literally, "around me."

So there you have it.  Our text reminds us of the total covering and protection of our King Jesus Christ.  This further affirms the Bible teaching that our Shepherd/King/Savior, Jesus, goes before us, follows behind us, His Hand is upon us, "and underneath are the Everlasting Arms"------ and equally glorious, He abides in us and we in Him.  This is the, "Shield," of which our text speaks.  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that You are my All-Encompassing One.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive