Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 2, 2022

"IN THE CROSS OF CHRIST I GLORY"

"And when they had mocked him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified."  (Matthew 27:31)

Billy Graham once referred to the Cross as, "the pivotal point in history."  There is something in the statement, "History before the Cross pointed forward to the Cross, and history after the Cross points back to the Cross."  And, the first person who I ever heard say, "The Cross was in the Heart of God from Eternity," was my Dad.  My seminary would use the term "The Christ Event," when speaking of Jesus' Death.  "In the Cross of Christ I glory, towering o're the wrecks of time."

Interesting that when Jesus spoke of His impending crucifixion, no one said that they were thankful for what He was about to "accomplish."  Could it be that they had no idea just how wonderful that Christ Event would be for humanity.  I am alive today; I have hope, peace, and forgiveness of sin today; I am a child of God today; and, in the "last day," Jesus will raise [me] up------------- all because of His Cross and Resurrection.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I will always appreciate Your supreme act of love for me.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not o
nly emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive