Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

"'Return To Me,' Says The Lord of Hosts"

"Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'Return to Me,' says the Lord of hosts, 'and I will return to you,' says the Lord of hosts."  (Zechariah 1:3)

The phrase, and what has become for too many a cliche, "God has everything under control," tends to imply, "It really doesn't matter what anyone does."  Our text says otherwise.

"Return to Me...."  You and I control this; not God.  Our text does not say that God will turn to you and me, or a nation, if we do not, "Return to Me...."  The Glorious and precious Grace of Jesus Christ does not replace, "Return to Me...and I will return to you...." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I really do not know what all lies behind the ''decision-making" processes in life.  But I do turn to You.  Amen.

Blog Archive