Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Psalm 23 Day Of The Month

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want."  (Psalm 23:1)

According to the Interlinear, it is better, "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be lacking."  The Word for, "want," or, "lack," is a verb.  There is the sense here that because Jesus is my Shepherd, He Who said, "I Am the Good Shepherd," we need not live in fear of wanting for anything, lacking anything.

Notice that, "I shall not be lacking," does not have anything after it.  Jesus does not tell us that we will not be lacking for peace or happiness or joy or food or clothing or shelter or....  It is clear, to the point, all inclusive.  Because Jesus is my Shepherd, "I shall not be lacking", anything, any time, anywhere, ever.  

Out text should have an it-is-settled in us.  I live in surrender to Jesus Christ, walking in obedience to His Words, abiding in Him; therefore, my whole life is "covered."  The Good Shepherd, Jesus, lives in me and I in Him----- "I shall not be lacking"-------- for ANYTHING.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "I scarce can take it in."  Amen.

Blog Archive