Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 4, 2020

His "Strange" Ways

"Or did God ever try to go and take for Himself a nation from the midst of another nation, by trialsby signs, by wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by great terrors...."  (Deuteronomy 4:24)

The context is the description of how the Lord God delivered the Hebrews out of Egypt.  I submit that it is very similar to the deliverance of the Church over the last 2000 years.  The Blessed Trinity never promised us that this would be a "fluff ride." 

In the midst of great trials and suffering, may you and I never forget  that Jesus tells us, "In the world you shall have tribulation," similar to that which is described in our text.  But I encourage you today to always remember Jesus' Promise, "but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for being My Overcoming Savior. Amen.

Blog Archive