Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

"My Purpose Will Stand" (Jesus)

"This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord---- a lasting ordinance....You must keep this ordinance at the appointed time year after year."  (Exodus 12:14 & 13:10, NIV)

As I have been reading in Exodus over the last few days, I took particular note again that these Words of, "The Word of God," Himself, our Lord Jesus Christ, were all spoken to Moses before the Hebrews left Egypt.  Most were uncertain what the next hour would bring, let alone, "for the generations to come.., year after year."  You will remember their reaction later when the Red Sea, the mountains, and Pharaoh's Army had them boxed in with no way of escape.  You will also remember their reaction when they had no water in the wilderness, when Moses didn't come down from the mountain when they thought he should have, etc., etc., etc. 

When we read Exodus, chapters 3-13, we read of Jesus speaking with Moses about not only the Hebrews' impending departure from Egypt, but also their entrance into The Land, which would not be until 40 years later, and ultimately of, "generations to come..., year after year," yes, right up to this present moment of writing and reading this devotional.  This is classic, "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.'"

Many are afraid, anxious, very uncertain as to what the days ahead may bring.  All must cast off their cliche religion and get into Jesus Christ and the reality of His Kingdom, "a Kingdom of all ages."  Only Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit know what is on the "other side" of this, but know this for sure:  "My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I can live in You in Your "Other Side."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive