Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

"Yet One More I Shake...Heaven"

"See that you do not refuse Him Who speaks.  For if they did not escape who refused Him Who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him Who speaks from heaven, Whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, 'Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.'"  (Hebrews 12:26)

With every glorious verse people love to underline comes those verses which they never underline.  Yesterday's verses were underline-able for most; today's, probably not so much.

Our text is a warning to not, "....refuse Him Who speaks," viz., the whole of the Bible.  And here we are warned that there is no escape from utter defeat, "if we turn away from Him...."  You may recall the glorious wonders and vastness of "outer space" which I have shared with you from time to time.  The shaking of the earth will be only the beginning (see Isaiah 24).  "Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also," and here it is again, "the starry heaven."
 
The song asks, "Where You There When They Crucified My Lord?"  Contained within this song is, "sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble."  Today's text gives me a sobering, "tremble."  All which now comes to me is Jeremiah 32:18, "....the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of host, is His name."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I tremble and rejoice in You!  Amen.
********************
Conference Prayer Call tonight: 21:00

Blog Archive