Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 15, 2019

What Is Your "Determination" Today?

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence (superiority) of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony (majesty) of God For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."  (1 Corinthians 2:1, 2)

People who are able to speak well, express things more cleverly than most, need to be very careful.  People tend to be more enamored with them than Him.  I come back to the response of a university professor who was once invited to hear Spurgeon preach.  When asked what he thought of "the prince of the pulpit," his response was classic.  "I don't know, but Jesus Christ sure must be a wonderful person."

Do people walk away from you and me with the same "impression?"  Or, do they say, "Wow, what knowledge of the Bible, what an intercessor, what anointing.  That person is quite a soul winner."  We will leave in our "wake" what we value most in life.  People can sense whom/what we love. 

Determine with me today to affirm Paul's, "For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."  This is not a call to repeat words over and over.  This is a call to, as the old song says, "Lift Jesus Higher," in word and deed. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I may honor the Son as You honor Him.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive