Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, November 14, 2019

"Through Fire And...Water...To Rich Fulfillment"

"You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment/abundance."  (Psalm 66:12)

This is just as true now as it was 4000 years ago.  The song writer was correct, "What He's done for others, He'll do for you."

Everything you and I experience in life, others throughout history have also.  That, of course, does not lesson the pain nor the significance of our suffering.  What it does (I hope and pray) is assure us that our Lord Jesus Christ has been, from the beginning, taking care of our fellow travelers through similar "valleys."

Anyone who reads the Psalms and the complete Bible without preconceived ideas/theologies knows that so many others have gone, "....through fire and through water...."  And, they have found in Jesus, "The Good Shepherd," the Very One Who Is, "Faithful and True," that Jesus Himself is the One Who, "....brought us out to abundance", as in, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."  Hebrews 11 is not the only example of this. 

Some may say, "Well, I've never seen that, 'abundance.  My whole life has been only 'through fire and water.'"  But I am here to tell any who feel this way that the, "rich abundance/fulfillment," is ours, if we continue trusting, depending upon, and walking in obedience to Jesus------ no matter what!  Jesus died on a cross for us, was buried in a tomb for us, arose from the dead for us, ascended for us, is coming back for us, and taking us to, "....in My Father's House are many mansions"--------- for us

For too many, who have succumbed to much of the teaching of the last two generations, this is not "enough."  For me, however, I say with the song writer, "It is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to walk together with those who are going, "through fire and through water," that we may believe for, "....You brought us out to rich fulfillment/abundance."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive