Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The Journey Continues, Led By "Faithfull and True"

"Be my rock of refuge, a house of fortresses to save me....For you are my strength....But as for me, I trust in You....My times are in Your hand....You are my hiding place....Praise the Lord with the harp; sing to Him with an instrument of ten strings....For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fastThe Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effectThe counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations." (From Psalms 31-33)

This should "do it" for us today, "exceeding great and precious promises," one after another.  This, my friend, is our Lord Jesus Christ, "blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside."

I'm listening now to, "He Leadeth Me," on Pandora's, "A Hundred Hymns Instrumental."  As I read the Psalms today, I was more and more aware of just how faithfully true is this song.  "Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom, sometimes where Eden's flowers bloom, by waters calm or'e troubled sea, still tis God's hand that leadeth me."  This Is Jesus, "Faithful and True."

Sarah and I are embarking on another odyssey, of which we have shared many together.  This is different from the ones before, but she is excited about it.  I, as is my wont, am still contemplating it.  I will continue to write these devotionals as long as Jesus wills.  I still plan to go to DC.  As for the rest, there is still the sobering "word" which came to me earlier this year.  I plan to spend several days each week in the CCE church building praying, playing the Scriptures.  And, I will be open to breakfast or lunch with any who so desire.  My Dad once told me that the older we get as Jesus' servants, we should be ready to pass on that which Jesus has done, spoken to our hearts, and shone us over the years.

I encourage you to read the montage of Scriptures which I have shared with you today.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "[You] lead me beside quiet waters of rest.  I affirm with Psalm 32:7, "You are my hiding place."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive