Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 29, 2019

You Want To Worship?!? This Will Take You "There"

"You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and a storm....But you have come to...Jesus the Mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled Blood that speaks a better Word than the blood of Abel."  (From Hebrews 12, NIV)

No, I won't copy the whole text here.  But, if you want a "worship experience," just read the Hebrews 12:18-29 text.  All I can say is, IT'S DANCING TIME!

Of course, the passage is full of time/space language to help illustrate something of what the Holy Spirit is saying.  Let me select just a few.
"You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the Church of the first born, whose names are written in Heaven....See to it that you do not refuse Him who speaks....Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken.............."

Now, from Hebrews 11, "And what more shall I sayI do not have time to tell about [those] who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions....There were others who were tortured....Some faced jeers....They were put to death....Yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."  My, my, my.

"Rise up, O men of God! (women and children too)
Have done with lesser things
Give heart and mind and soul and strength
To serve the King of Kings", Who is none other than Jesus, the Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, You are forever in me.  That is what You tell me.  Holy Spirit, help me to so walk therein, "Whose names are written in Heaven."  Thank You!  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive