Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

"The Lord Is With Me Like A Mighty Warrior"

"But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome OneTherefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevailThey will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosperTheir everlasting confusion will never be forgotten."  (Jeremiah 20:11)

The NIV says, "like a mighty warrior...."  I found another prayer to pray for the American President, Donald Trump.

But there is also the great promise here for you and me.  Jesus Christ is, indeed, our, "Mighty, Awesome One," our, "Mighty Warrior."  Now sometimes in life the following Words don't seem to "come to pass," viz., "Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail."  Do you know my take on Words of God which don't seem to come to pass as in what seems to be the obvious interpretation?  I know there is something there which I don't see.  I do not take the path of too many who believe the Words are just not true if what they say "does not happen."

There is no doubt that the, "persecutors," of the Church, "will stumble, and will not prevail."  It is not a cliche to say, "Their day will come."  It will.  Their shame, "Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten."  Now our "flesh" wants that to happen so we can see it.  "God is not mocked," however, and whatever the Bible says has happened, is happening, and will happen.  And never forget that if their, "confusion," is, "everlasting," the much greater reality is that our life in Jesus Christ is, "everlasting." 

Jesus, my Fellow Traveler, "....is with [you and] me like a Mighty Warrior," right now, right there, eternally.

Father, in Jesus'  Name, how I love and praise You, my, "Mighty Warrior."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive