Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, August 5, 2019

"....The Habitations Of The Wilderness A Lamentation"

"For the mountains I will take up a weeping and wailing, and for the habitations of the wilderness a lamentation, because they are burned up, so that none can pass through them; neither can men hear the voice of the cattle; both the fowl of the heavens and the beasts are fled; they are gone."  (Jeremiah 9:10, KJV)

Some refer to Jeremiah as "the weeping prophet."  Are there any today?

I would say that if the Church does not weep for the nations, the Church is in need of "weeping anointing."  I know that sometimes when I read of some events, think of some situations in my sphere, as well as the nations, I have experienced weeping.  I'm thinking today, however, that it does not happen enough.

Our text, however, does not just reveal something of Jeremiah's heart; this is also a revelation of the Heart of the Living Triune God.  We read throughout the, "God-Breathed," Word of God's Broken Heart over the rebellion/sin of humanity, His Covenant People particularly, and their calamitous scenarios.  We read in several passages that after their Shepherd, Jesus, "led them through the depths, as through the wilderness....He led them through the deserts....Who led them through the deep, as a horse in the wilderness, that they might not stumble....But My People would not heed My Voice, and Israel would have none of Me."

I think humanity would do well to remember that the judgment, the anger of the Lord God which we read of in Scripture is in a "weeping mode."  The Bible tells us that Jesus, "does not afflict willingly," literally, "from His Heart."  Jesus' Heart is revealed, "in His Cross," when He says, "Father forgive them, for they do not know that they do."  I pray none reading this will ever succumb to Sergeant Murtaugh's life philosophy, "God hates me;" that's why all this happens to me.  If that ever comes your way, know beyond a doubt, that is a supreme lie.   

So, what is the conclusion of the matter today?  Whenever you and I are frustrated with the way Jesus works in our lives, or seems to allow things to happen which are not to our benefit, and we have some of what the hymn writer said, "Prone to wonder, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love," when we are treading, "through the valley of the shadow," remember what is, "from [Jesus'] Heart," is our well being, our good, our deliverance, as in, "that where I am you may be also.., raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus," with our names written, "in the Lamb's Book of Life," while for eternity, you and I are sitting, "....with Me in My Throne, as I also sat down with My Father in His Throne."  That should do it!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that You, "are Faithful."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive