Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 8, 2019

"Fill Your Stomach With This Scroll"

"Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month,..as I was...by the River Chebar, that the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God....Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet....'Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll and go, speak to the house of Israel....Fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.'  So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness."  (From Ezekiel 1, 2, 3)

You may recall that I wrote some time ago about an "incident" which occurred when we were coming back from a conference in Miami Beach, Florida, back in the Fall of 1972.  Jesus spoke to my heart and said, "Get into Ezekiel."  Now I have had some indications over the decades since as the a "why," but here I am now in the present reading schedule.

Ezekiel 1-3 have to do with introductory visions.  Notice, "Stand up on your feet and I will speak to you."  We are going to have a talk?  We then read, "As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet. He said: 'Son of man, I am sending you to...a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me...." (and a Church?)  I do not excuse my preaching over the years which at times was harsh, "in-your-face," or a high number on the tonal decibels scale.  But I have seen from an early age this prophetic "note" in me.  I encourage you to read Ezekiel again and see if the Words of Jesus here are not applicable to the Church and the nations in this Twenty-First Century, and notice the wonderful, glorious promises!

"Stand up on your feet, and I will speak to you."  This is staying with me today.  You and I need to battle against any "business as usual," just "marking time," doing day by day life with little expectancy of, "....and I will speak to you."  I wonder if it would be theologically "correct" to say that as we look at world events and our daily lives that the Scriptures is the Great "Editorial Opinion" on the "news."  Regardless, the prophetic time table is like that tether ball game.  The close the rope gets to the end, the faster the ball goes.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that Your Words have, "gone forth to the ends of the world," and still are "going."  Amen.
**************************
DOCTOR VISIT:  He gave me a shot of cortisone in one of the shoulders and I'm to go back in 6 weeks.  Please pray that this "works." 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive