Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 5, 2019

Jesus Bears Your Name, "Over His Heart...Continually"

"So Aaron shall bear the names of the sons of Israel on the breastplate of judgment over his heart, when he goes into the holy place, as a memorial before the Lord continually."  (Exodus 28:29)

Blitzing along in my schedule, I found this most precious text again.  The high priest was to, "....bear the names of the sons of Israel...over his heart...continually."  Glorious.  There are two things which came to me today from our text.

First, this, of course, is the "current" ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ.  The Book of Hebrews tells us of Jesus, "And it is yet far more evident.., there arises another priest Who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life....By so much more Jesus has become a guarantee of a better covenant....He has an unchangeable priesthood Therefore He is also able to save forever those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."  Think of it, my Fellow traveler on life's journey: Jesus has your name and my name, "over His Heart...continually", right now, right there, right here!  

Second:  As I was praying for people today, I felt Jesus speak to my heart that we "five-fold" people should be doing the same.  The moment went from thinking of you, to all for whom and for which I pray, "....bear [them] over [my] heart...continually."  Maybe this is a "word" to us all.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You for this most glorious revelation of Your Shepherd's Heart.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive