Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 1, 2019

"In The Beginning...And Every Shall Be"

"In the beginning God created...."  (Genesis 1:1a)

And, we can say, "God sustains."

For the last part of this year I am doing a different Bible reading schedule which will take me through the Bible every two months.  My devotionals will reflect this. 

I read today about Abraham, great guy, but had as much of "I'll-do-it-my-way" as any of us.  He tried to save his own hide by giving his wife to the Egyptian king.  He argued with God about the Covenant Blessing; he wanted it to go to Ishmael.  God said no to this and gave Abraham His Covenant Purpose.  God's Word prevails, no matter what you and I do or plan.

You and I cannot navigate life's sea without continual, daily input of Jesus' Words.  If not Jesus' Words, then it will be someone else's, ours, or any of the whoevers.  The, "God-Breathed," Words begin with, "In the beginning God...."  This sets the "tone" for the way in which you and I are to walk out life's journey.  Jesus said, "Abide in Me and I in you."  There we have it: "In the beginning God," throughout life's journey God, and through, "days of eternity," God, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit. 

Ours is to be an "abiding" life in Jesus Christ and His Words, which are, as Proverbs 1 declares, "....for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight; for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair; for giving prudence to those who are gullible, knowledge and discretion...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "I need Thee, O, I need Thee.  Every hour I need Thee."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive