Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 15, 2019

"In God We Boast---- All Day Long"

"For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save meBut You have saved us....In God we boast all day long, and praise Your Name forever." (From Psalm 44:6-8)

What, "bow," and, "sword," are you trusting today?

We all have them.  Some have gotten better with them than others.  There is also great difficulty for many to discern between our, "bow," and, "sword," and, "But You have saved us...."  Only Jesus saves us.  Don't be like those seasoned detectives who carry two side arms---------- just in case they lose one.  The vernacular is, "back-up," i.e., if this doesn't work, I can always rely on my clever alternative.  There is none; what appears to be such is a mirage. 

Jesus is our, "Trust," and our, "Boast."  All other, "trust," and, "boast," is "sinking sand."  We have been given intellect, giftings, etc.  They are not, however, our, "trust," nor our, "boast."  Beware that second "gun" in your belt.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for my "bow" and "sword," but You Alone are my, "trust."  May I only ever, "boast," in You, "....all day long."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive