Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 19, 2019

"Give To Your Servant".... What?

"Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evilFor who is able to judge this great people of Yours?"  (1 Kings 3:9)

Literally, "a hearing heart."  My Dear Lord God of Creation!  This is a prayer of prayers. 

Notice how the emphasis shifts from me to Jesus.  "Understanding," or wisdom, or most any other prayers for ourselves can mostly emphasize us, even be "for" us.  "A hearing heart," is for Jesus Christ, and in that shift of emphasis, priority, it is really a prayer for me also.  It shifts my life direction, my life style, my ministry (I like "service" better) to following Jesus, serving Jesus, surrendering to Jesus. 

I had a great time in intercession this morning.  Maybe it had something to do with "hearing" this glorious text.  It is one thing to read the Bible voluminously, pray, worship, do missions, do good, etc., and pray the prayers for such endeavor which most pray.  "....Give to Your servant a hearing heart," is akin to, "Thy Kingdom comeThy will be done in earth as it is in Heaven."  A "motto" of the Church and Kingdom is, "Jesus Christ is Lord," not you and I.  And, the only way you and I can do life victoriously is when we live and walk in, "Give to Your servant a hearing heart." 

Please, my Fellow Follower of Jesus Christ, if you pray anything for me, pray this prayer of Solomon.  I pray it for you!

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Give to Your servant a hearing heart."  Amen.
***********************
If you want to keep up on some issues which most media don't cover, go to: jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive