Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, July 18, 2019

"....And David Grew Faint"

"When the Philistines were at war again with Israel, David and his servants with him went down and fought against the Philistines; and David grew faint."  (2 Samuel 21:15)

Or, just worn out.  Now no charismatic will admit to, "....grew faint"; but it happens.  I remember the last time I started to sprint across a street a couple of years ago; I fell.  Don't do that any more.

I know the word "retirement" is a bad word to some.  As for me, I plan to continue to serve any in the Church who still wish to receive these devotionals.  I still plan to go to DC, and wherever else Jesus goes, as in, "Whoever serves Me, must follow Me; and where I am, My servant will also be."  And, by Jesus' Grace and Mercy, I plan to continue to daily intercede for you and the nations.

I want to have David's attitude.  He was not as strong and agile as he used to be, but he still had the heart of a warrior to, "....fight the Lord's battles."  Every day presents opportunities to serve our Lord Jesus Christ, His Church, humanity.  One of my Grandfather Barnette's great "services" to me was his last words, "The other side is looking better."  That is serving Jesus until the "end."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I still pray to walk in all that You mean by, "mount up with wings as eagles."  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive