Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 1, 2019

"As I Have Said Before...." (God)

"....It has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, that my chains are in Christ....All the saints great you, but especially those who are of Caesar's household."  (Philippians 1 & 4)

April 1, second quarter; back to the "beginning."  Today's text is from the beginning of one of the readings.  Along with Genesis 1, Isaiah 1, etc., God will now begin to repeat Himself to me.

As I have written before, every time you and I read the Bible, Jesus, "The Word of God," Himself is repeating Himself.  The Canon was closed centuries ago; the reason you may speculate, or even debate "should-it-have-been-closed?"  But every time that you and I pick up the Bible we are picking up what the Bible calls, "the Words of God," completed, "finished," and the warning at the end of the, "God-Breathed," Words, in Revelation 22 declares, "If anyone adds to these things," and, "if anyone takes away," well, it won't be pleasant.  Any "words" which we may hear which are claimed to be "from the Lord," must submit to the "closed" Bible.

As I read our text, the thought again occurred to me that Paul had finally "made it."  Remember his words, "After I have been there, I must also see Rome."  I think I can say that Paul made it from the Sunday School class to the White House.  This is similar to how I have summarized the Book of Acts: "From Jerusalem to Rome."  Paul went into synagogues, into houses, religious sites, prisons, and finally into the very presence Caesar and the Government Quarter of the Roman Super Power to proclaim Jesus Christ.  Too much of the Church has lost this vision.

My prayer for you and me in these days is that we allow no one or no thing to keep us from this "call," this "vision."  Throw off any intimidation which you may encounter anywhere, whether family, school, business, market place.  You have the "property rights" to the nations.  The Word of Jesus to you and me is the same as He spoke to Joshua, "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you...."  O, yes, my friend, this is exactly what our Lord Jesus says to the Church in the "Great Commission," or better, "The Great Command."  Now go, "into all the world," and take over.

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me and my friend to never settle for anything less that what You have commanded.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive