Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

"One Mediator"

"You are a priest forever...."  (Hebrews 7:17a)

You don't need Mary, saint so and so, pastor or prophet so and so as an intermediary.  Our Priest is Priest.  You know it:  "I am the way, the truth, and the life....One comes to the Father...through Me", no one else, not now, not ever.  "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus."

There was a man in one of our churches many years ago who had severe mental problems.  I found him one day walking miles away from our church building heading to the church building.  I asked him were he was going?  He said, "to the church so I can find God."

There are people like this today.  They think that they have to get to a place to "find God," experience "anointed worship," etc.  Beware of shrines.  The Book of Hebrews is quite adamant about intermediaries of any kind or "anointing," attraction, location.  Hebrews tells us, "For it was fitting for us to have such a High Priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; Who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the Word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever."

This One Who is, "separated from sinners," took upon Himself us sinners, you and me, and this Jesus, "....Himself bore our sin in His Own Body on the tree."  In Jesus' Most Precious Blood, He cleansed us and keeps us from the power of sin and the Enemy.  Hebrews 8:1 say that, "We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens." And of course you know, we are seated in Him, "To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, as I also overcame, and am sat down with My Father in His throne."  Rest in Him.

Father, in Jesus'  Name, I cannot fathom any of this.  But, O, how I accept this!  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive