Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Face It: Some Things We Just Cannot "Know"--Now

"The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law."  (Deuteronomy 29:29)

I think it is probably best if we just leave, "the secret things...to the Lord our God...."  Many, if not most, of the heresies through the centuries have come from people attempting to discover, "the secret things...."

"....things which are revealed..," will keep us busy enough, because their purpose is, "....so that we may do all the Words of this law/Word."   Okay, so we are to pray for revelation, insights, etc.  But there is a need for contentment and "the-task-at-hand" attitude in people which can allow us to function in this present age with, "....those things which are revealed." 

Among some of the awesome, "....things which are revealed..," are the revelation of the Godhead in Jesus Christ, "Immanuel, God with us"------ right here, right there, right now, and that in the Son Jesus, Our Father and Holy Spirit, "bore our sins in His Own Body on the Tree," and because of those heart-wrenching, "darkness over all the earth," glorious six hours of Golgotha, and His resurrection and ascension, you and I have a home in the, "many mansions."  Glorious revelation!

Most of the talk of our text which I have heard over the years put emphasis on what is, "revealed...to us," with a sort of fascination, even inordinate curiosity.  Yesterday, however, when I read our text, "The secret things belong to the Lord our God," was what impacted me the most.  Will there be a "some day" in our future, a time when at least some of those, "....secret things..," may be revealed to you and me?  I don't know.  But as I sit here now, contemplating our 67,000 mph journey around the Sun on this small rock, in this small solar system, this small galaxy, I am thankful that King Jesus is at the "helm" of, "the secret things."

Father, in Jesus' Name, remind me every time I seek beyond my capabilities.  Amen.
**********************
Washington, DC, February 13

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive