Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 21, 2019

"....Your Frequent Illnesses"

"Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses."  (1 Timothy 5:23, NIV)

Well, someone has to talk about it.

This was one of my readings today.  I doubt if "faith people" would give such advice.  The reason?  Well, it's sounds too practical, mundane, "man's advice."  The problem is that is comes from the old Apostle Paul.  Where did he go wrong that he should speak of the "medicinal" approach?

We all know those who have, "frequent illnesses."  I can tell you that I have new "pains" which I have never had; I know, old age.  Some may ask, "Well, how much do we put up with?"  For me, we should not let age or genetics be faith's defeat.  I still, "hold fast our confession."  You know that the Word for, "confession," basically means, "agreement, saying the same as."  In other words, Take Jesus' Word for it, not ours.

"I am the Lord Who heals you....I will take sickness from among you....He sent His Word and healed them and delivered them from their destructions."  These are just a few of the Words of, "our confession."  Good News flash:  The whole Bible is, "our confession."  So no matter the situation in which you find yourself, confess Jesus' Words.  Today's text reveals the possibility that the "healing process" just may be something outside "faith man's" thinking. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cling to You and Your Words.  Thank You that You continually "open" them to me.  Amen.  
*********************
* Please pray for Sarah's tests which she will be having on 1/24.
* The truth about "The Women's March."   jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive