Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

"Kept Burning...Continuously"

"The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out."  (Leviticus 6:13, NIV)

When doing a lot of reading, I sometimes read ahead if I anticipate travel, etc; hence today's text "ahead of time."  I wonder if the reason for the fire to be continually burning on the altar was/is primarily fellowship, not only prayer meetings.  It would be consistent with Biblical Theology.

This was the fellowship of the Garden, "in the cool of the day."  This was the, "fire," at night and, "cloud," by day in the wilderness.  This is Jesus' Words to His Followers, "Abide in Me, and I in you."  This is, "Fix your eyes on Jesus." 

And, right now, right where you and I are, this is, "The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out."  Maybe Paul had this in mind when he told Timothy to, "fan into flame the gift of God."  This, my friend, is the, "fire," we could even say, "....the gift of God," of continuous fellowship in Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me and Your People away from "quiet time" limitations.  Holy Spirit, help me to keep, "The fire...burning on the altar continuously...."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive