Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 13, 2018

"Food...And...Drink"

"All ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drinkFor they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ."  (1 Corinthians 10:3, 4)

Well, here it is again, just like all Scripture.  As I have written before, "The Word of God," keeps repeating Himself, over and over and over again, ever since the early centuries of the Church.  Apparently the Godhead is not like so many today, always needing a "fresh word," something new, "something borrowed, something blue" (sorry).  But wait; maybe that last pop quote isn't so flippant.  Too many succumb to, "O, I've heard/read that so many times.  How about moving on, something different."  The Enemy is only too ready to comply. And I can assure anyone; most of what some call, "fresh," is noting but, "something borrowed."

You cannot get more "fresh" than our text.  And I can tell you that the same, "spiritual food," which, "followed them," follows you and me, day by day, moment by moment, "whether we wake or sleep."  Even though some are going through "deep waters" now, I remind us all of some of the words of the old hymn, "Bane and blessing, pain and pleasure, by the cross are sanctified; peace is there that knows no measure, joys that through all time abide."  Whatever is going on in your life today, I call you to eat and drink: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the House of the Lord forever."

Biblical Theology teaches us that our, "Spiritual Rock," not only follows us; Jesus lives in us, and, Jesus tells us repetitively, "As the Living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me....The Words I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."  Feed on and drink today of our Lord Jesus Christ.  If we don't fully grasp what that means, well, maybe that's why He has been repeating Himself for centuries.
Smiling face with halo

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that You have, "followed," all who have believed You, from the beginning.  Amen.
**********************
* We ask prayer for our decision on Berlin.
* I plan to spend some time in DC during the confirmation hearings of Judge Kavanaugh.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive