Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 9, 2018

"Foolishness," Or, "Power"--Our Choice

"For the Word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  (1 Corinthians 1:18)

"Foolishness," is an attempt at an "intellectual" approach to life.  "Power," is the, "Godhead," approach to life.  It is always our choice------ in this present age.

"Foolishness," approach says, "I know I can figure this out if I just keep searching and asking questions and debating/dialoguing with, or reading others.  "Power," says, "I do not understand with my intellect.  I do know, however, that in Jesus' Blood, in Jesus' Cross, in Jesus' Resurrection, in Jesus' Second Appearing is my Eternal Salvation, my forgiveness of sin, my name in the, "Lamb's Book of Life," and my Eternal Home in the Living Triune God.  My life is somehow different, "Since Jesus Came Into My Heart."  The response, "How?" is, "foolishness."  That "something happened," is, "power."

"Foolishness," will always need "answers."  It will look at life and be enslaved to, "Why?"  And, it is those "whys" which will destroy faith.  On the other hand, "power," is what the Bible calls, "the faith of Jesus," or we could say, "power,"-living, and will produce the "answers," not necessarily answers which we understand, but sort of like, "How-did-that-happen?" answers.  All of our unbelieving acquaintances are, "foolishness," people.  They attempt to live by what "makes sense."  So little of what we experience "makes sense." 

I once shared "the gospel" with a person, and their response was, "That's weird."  I walked away, "Say what?"  It is, indeed, "weird" to everyone whose approach to life is, "foolishness," those who are of the "figure-everything-out" people.  "Flesh and blood has not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."  Too many times I attempt to, "reveal this to you," which is, "foolishness."  Ah, but when Father, "reveal[s] this to you," we have the, "power of God." 

What will be your ongoing approach to life?  How do you, and will you choose to live out your remaining days on Planet Earth?--- "foolishness," or, "power."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that too much of my life has been the, "foolishness," approach.  Holy Spirit, empower me to be more of a, "power of God," person.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive