Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

"I...Do This To Recapture...Hearts"


"I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel, who have all deserted me for their idols."  (Ezekiel 14:5, NIV)

In my new schedule, I have been reading a lot in the NIV; I would recommend it the next time you go through the Bible.  It may not be the most "accurate," but then, again, neither is the KJV.  Incidentally, I wonder just what the "accuracy people" are really looking for anyway.  But I digress.

There is no more powerful revelation of the love of the Living Triune God in the Bible than our text, "I do this to recapture...hearts...."  This began right as the access to, "the Tree of Life," was blocked, and continues right up to this moment in history.  Yes, there are many "hearts" which Jesus has never "captured;" those hearts He is pursuing.  But equally sad as the lost, is those who once responded to the call of Proverbs, "My son, give me your heart," but then took it back.  Where is your heart today?

All through the Bible, "The Word of God," tells us that the Blessed Trinity is not after form, words, activity, busyness.  Ours is not a stone cold religion as Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism.  "The faith of Jesus," is a heart relationship.  "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  No one can see your heart or mine except our Lord Jesus.  Everything, and I mean everything, we do as Believes can be done with an absent heart.  It all may be what others, even we believe to be the utmost in spirituality, yet in God's eyes, it is, "as sounding brass, or a tinkling symbol."  1 Corinthians 13 is not just speaking of our relationship with people!

Sometimes things may occur in our lives which we just do not understand.  I wonder if in those times it would be good for us to hear and "see" our text, "I...do this to recapture...hearts." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that you are as the writer said, "The Hound of Heaven," relentlessly pursuing straying sheep.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive