Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, December 18, 2017

"Mary, Did You Know...?"


"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die."  (John 11: 25, 26--KJV)

I share this in the KJV because this is how I memorized it while in college.  This is how I heard it from Jesus that day, so long ago, at the gravesite of Stephen.  This is how I still hear it.

I had a choice on that June day in 1970:  Believe these Words, or believe everything and most everyone else.  I am alive today because I have chosen the former.  Nothing that day in my senses, my body, soul, or spirit, for those who like to separate humans as such, would "function."  I just stood there staring at that little casket, numb, emotionless, nothing.

But during those moments, hours, days, months, and eventually years which have followed, I am still being sustained by those same "Wonderful Words of Life," because they are not just printed words on some nice paper.  They are The Very Words of Jesus, "The Word," yes, the very, "Word of God," Himself. 

"Mary, did you know Your Baby Boy" would do this for me?

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive