Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, December 21, 2017

"Fear Not, For I Am With You" (The Triune God)

"For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned like a hearthMy heart is stricken and withered like grass, so that I forget to eat my breadBecause of the sound of my groaning my bones cling to my skinI am like a pelican of the wilderness; I am like an owl of the desertI lie awake, and am like a sparrow alone on the housetop."  (Psalm 102:3-7)

Been there.

When I read our text each month, I am reminded of the period in my life when I could have written this Psalm.  Maybe you have one too.  Or, maybe you are now writing it.  If you are not, and perhaps never have, "written" such, "....do not be arrogant, but tremble."

"Life is full of surprises," the saying goes.  It is.  You know that as well as I.  Just think of what you thought your life would be like 30 years ago, and what it is today.  Some of the surprises are welcomed, some are not.  Some of those "surprises" can lead us to today's text, "I am like a pelican of the wilderness;...I lie awake, and am like a sparrow alone...."  But I don't need to tell you today that, "Yea, even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil," that evil of being alone and feeling abandoned, "....of the wilderness,..of the desert-- on the housetop."

Jesus continually tells us (that is if you and I continually read His Words), "For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you'....Fear not, for I am with youBe not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yes, I will help thee; yes, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My Righteousness....Come to Me,..and I will give you rest.... My... burden is light....Fear not; I Am the First and the Last."

Father, in Jesus' Name, You have been and are Faithful to me.  I receive Your Words afresh today that I am not like that, "pelican," and, "owl."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive