Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

"Face Me" (Jesus)

"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." (Ezekiel 22:30)

I will attempt to exegete our text without going into too much detail.  But you know as well as I that this is one of those passages which has been quoted ad infinitum, sort of like 2 Chronicles 7:14.  I confess guilty to never fully studying Ezekiel 22:30 as I did last night and this morning.  Please notice with me the wonderfully powerful, "Word of the Lord," to His People in our text.

Last night the phrase, "I sought for a man," left me with a sense that the People of God have not been responding to Jesus' Purposes in the Earth as we should (myself included).  He had to go on a search, "for a man."  Then I noticed that Jesus was/is looking, "for a man," literally, "to take one's stand,"  And where does Jesus want this, "man," to be?-- "in the gap."  But when you consider the Word for, "gap," you find that it is a, "bursting forth, a breach."  One dictionary defines, "breach," as "an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct" (anyone want to talk of irrelevancy?).  Breach is also defined as, "a gap in a wall, break, rupture, split, especially made by an attacking army."  Maybe you already knew this; I didn't.  But can you now see with me what an impact this Word is having?!? 

I also noticed that the Word for, "land," can also be translated, "earth," and to, "stand before me," can translate, "face Me."  Too much of Christendom has been like the pharisee, "stood and was praying... with himself."  Could our Lord be saying to His Church, "Stop praying with yourself.  Face Me."  I have been seeing this more and more since last night that the Living Triune God was saying to Ezekiel (and to you and me) that He is looking for a man to, "stand before Me," to, "face Me," on behalf of, yes, Israel, but also the nations of the Earth.  Now forget the egocentric talk and acting out of some who see themselves as the one and only person in the universe who will do this.  Maybe the, "man," is that, "one new man," spoken of in the Bible as the Church; no matter.  I know what the Lord Jesus has spoken to me so long ago.  Obedience is the definition of faith.

Hence, I am off to DC this afternoon, because the OSCE Hearing was moved up to tomorrow morning, but also to spend a full day and a half in DC, "standing before, facing" our King, Jesus Christ, not facing me, not facing you, not facing any political persuasion, "facing" Jesus.  Please pray with me to do that faithfully.  And, let us pray together for the Church to either start, or renew our position, "Face Me."

Father, in Jesus' name, I thank You so much for speaking to me "in the night seasons."  I pray for Your Church, the, "new man," to be obedient, faithful to, "face [You]," and only You.  Amen.
**********************
* Will be in DC from later this afternoon until Friday afternoon.
* If you wish to attend my briefing on January 27, please let me know as soon as possible.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive