Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

"Whenever I Am Afraid, I...."

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You." (Psalm 56:3)

Had an interruption this morning, because the snow is really building here.  Ah, Johnstown.

Today's text stands alone as a verse.  Now the ones among us, who have to maintain the spiritual perception of others, would never admit to fear.  Good luck.  Quite honestly, a little more dose of fear would have probably kept me from jumping from a train in Romania many years ago.  Fear can be good.  It's what helps to preserve the Race.

But there is no doubt that David is speaking of the, "afraid," kind of fear.  And his conclusion? Sounds simple, but it is Eternally powerful, "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."  Remember what our Lord Jesus said to the disciples when they saw Him coming to them, walking on the sea, "Be of good cheerIt is I; be not afraid."  This is the, "God-Breathed," Word to His Church today, to you and me.

The list of those things which can cause fear is quite long.  The key to living victoriously in Jesus, however, is exactly that--- living in Jesus Christ.  Jesus, the One Who overcame death and the grave, the One Who defeated the Destroyer, is the One Who lives in you and me.  "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your GodI will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  Remember what the messenger said to the shepherds "on a cold winter's night"?  "Fear not...."  Then he gave the reason for fearlessness for all time, "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, Who is Christ the Lord."

Father, in Jesus' Name, You say many times in the Scriptures, "Fear not," and you continually give me reasons not to fear:  You!  Amen.
*****************
                           
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive