Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

"I Will Destroy The Wisdom Of The Wise"

"For message ('word') of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of GodFor it is written:  'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.'" (1 Corinthians 1:18, 19--NIV)

If you really look at "news events" around the world, you see the accuracy of the Bible.  Those who attempt to put doubt in the minds of humanity about, "The Words of God," are not match for the declarations of the Godhead.

You know as well as I that every day there is an attempt by the Enemy to get you and me to doubt the Bible's "reliability," and "truthfulness" and "accuracy" and all the other human demands, which are nothing but man's feeble attempt to justify his meager existence and reasonings.  Back to our text: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."  Jesus has been doing this from the beginning.  Needless to say that Jesus, "Who is made to us Wisdom from God," tells us in the Proverbs to, "Get wisdom."  Notice, however, you and I, and every other personage on the planet, has to, "Get wisdom."  We are not born with it.  The, "Wisdom from God," is only in Jesus Christ.

Reject at every turn any attempt to rely on, "the wisdom of the wise," and, "the intelligence of the intelligent...."  The Living Triune God, "will frustrate," us at every turn in that endeavor.  Believe, "The Word of God."  Accept, "The Word of God," as our wisdom and intelligence and we will live overcomingly in Jesus.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for Your great, "frustration," ministry.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive