Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 24, 2017

And Yet Again Jesus Reminds Me

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  (Psalm 119:105, ESV)

On this day in history, "Origin of the Species" was published.  It was a lie from Hell.  Yet, most of humanity has been without the lamp and light of Jesus' Words, and the inevitable dupping occurred.  Never forget that we cannot ignore the Scriptures and escape deception.  

The psalmist prayed, "Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk."  Can't happen without, "Your Word....".  People read much and listen to much that comes from humanity.  People who call themselves followers of Jesus will spend hours before the TV, but not near as much time subjected to the Words, the Breath of God.

I wonder what the Church would be like if we spent the same amount of time listening to Jesus as most of us spend listening to and watching man.  Perhaps Darwin would not have succeeded in converting humanity to his views had the Church been as committed to believing Jesus's Words as so many were/are to Darwin.  

My friend, Sam Brownback was in a Republican primary race for the US presidency.  They were asked during a televised debate if anyone of them rejected Darwinism.  Without hesitation, Sam responded in the affirmative.  The rest did not.  Why?  "Your Word (not Darwin) is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I freely confess and acknowledge that, "Your Wod is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path," and so thank You for Him.  Amen.




When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'" "Looking unto Jesus" Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive