Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

“If....”

"This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your Word has revived me....If Your Law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction." (Psalm 119:92, NASB)

Every month I read this I am reminded of the Faithfulness of our Lord Jesus Christ. You know my testimony; therefore, you know why the Bible is so important to me.

For many, the Bible is a book "your supposed to read," or it is something to, "Wow! He/she really knows the Bible." Not impressed. If there is not the reality of our text, if there is not the desperation of our text, if there is not the, ".... I would have perished...," in the heart, then the Bible is not to us that which our Lord intends.

I know it may sound simplistic, even naive to some, but the Bible to me is the Breath of Jesus to and in me, the "inhalation therapy" of life. Prayer is my "exhalation therapy," of that which His Words impart to/in me. Embarrassingly, it took me to long to learn this. What about you today?

A reading of Psalm 119 regularly will keep us aware of just how central, foundational is, "The Word of God." Whatever I or anyone else may say or write to you cannot compare to what our Lord Jesus Christ has written. Repeating myself? You betcha. Glorious repetition!

Father, in Jesus' Name, You were/are my comfort in...affliction,..my delight...." Amen.

Sent from my iPad

Blog Archive