Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 23, 2017

A Word For You

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem...." (Matthew 23)

Matthew 23 is one of the harshest indictments on duplicity in Holy Writ.  Over and over, our Lord Jesus condemns the duplicitous life style.  But it is not for our harm; it is for our good. 

The Words in Matthew 23 are not from an "angry god;" they are from The heart-broken Father God, Shepherd, King, Savior,  "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!"  This is a plea for the closest possible relationship.  And I can tell you: This is an invitation-plea for all humanity, "How often I wanted to gather [you]...under My [protection-provision], but you were not willing."

Can we not hear the plea of Our Savior today? "'How often I wanted to gather,' you, protect you, guide you, keep you."  Put your name in place of, "Jerusalem."  Can we hear Jesus today, right now saying to you and me, "O [Woody, Woody]-- How often I wanted to...."  My hearts says to our Lord Jesus today that I just do not want to miss those, "How often(s)," in Jesus.  Maybe there is a, "How often..,' right now awaiting your response.  Your situation is desperate, maybe accompanied with fear and doubt.  But listen.  Can you not hear Jesus saying to you, "O___, ____, I want to."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I know I have missed to many of Your, "How often I wanted to gather...."  May it never happen again.  Amen.   
***********************
* "Paul...was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost." (Acts 20:16)  Apparently I'm not the only one who values "anniversaries."
* Would you please put a "post-it" on your frig to remind you to say a daily prayer for Sarah and me for our upcoming mission, October 28-November 15?

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive