Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

What Does, "Bread of Life," Mean To You?

"....Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me...because you ate of the loaves and were filledDo not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you...."  (John 6:26-27b)

Why did you "seek" Jesus, and why do you still "seek" Jesus?

Our Lord Jesus is, "....the food which endures....I am the Bread of lifeHe who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst....This is the Bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die I am the living bread...."  Jesus is not the food which wears out, becomes stale, no longer producing nutrients.  Jesus is the Bread of God, "....that one may eat of it and not die."  He Is Eternal Bread.

I submit to you that along with whatever theologians or you and I may think that, "I Am the Bread of Life," means, could it be that primarily the Bread of Jesus is His Words, His Breath, as in, "God-Breathed"?  I wonder if there could be something of this in, "For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed."  Or, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word which proceeds out of the mouth of God."

If what you and I "seek" in life takes priority over, "....The Bread which comes down from Heaven..," we are emaciated specimens; we are starving ourselves.  I know you have heard and read over the years of the centrality of Jesus Christ. You know that I have often quoted many verses which point people to Jesus, viz., "looking unto Jesus."  But in reality, most of it is "intangible."  If I see the Words of Jesus as, "the Bread of Life.., food indeed"---------- that is very tangible.  N0!  This is not "bibliolatry."  This is realizing that the Words of Jesus are the Person, the very Breath of Jesus Himself.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that when I "seek" anything or anyone instead of You, I starve.  Amen.
********************
Sarah and I leave from South Haven, MI., tomorrow morning.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive