Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, September 11, 2017

"....Talking About Things I Knew Nothing About...."

"You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?'  It is I-- and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me." (Job 42:3, NLT)

The Bible translates once the word for, "wonderful," as, "monstrous things."  That about does it for me.

As the years have gone by, I have more and more considered that things which our Blessed Trinity does are, "monstrous things," as a dictionary defines it, "deviating greatly from the natural form or character," and, I might add, "deviating greatly from" what I can fathom.  I cannot encourage the Church too much to take extreme care in speaking of "the Things of God" in a flippant manner, with little consideration of, "His ways past finding out."  Truth is, "His ways are...monstrous," ways.  Speculation be gone! 

The problem in the Book of Job is the whole reasoning process.  "Well, this just doesn't make sense.  After all, God would never," or, "God always," or, "God"---- whatever.  It is all, "....wisdom with such ignorance".  You and I just simply cannot know what "God always," or what, "God would never."  Life would be a lot less stressful, less anxious and confusing if humanity would just live, "....I was talking (or reasoning) about things I knew nothing about...." 

What is it today in your life?  Jesus invites, yes, commands us to, "Come to Me," not, "come to answers."  After all, isn't the invitation of the Godhead to, "Come to," Jesus more intimate, more loving, even though, "too wonderful," than any other we could possibly imagine?  Whatever "answers" we receive are already in His, "God-Breathed," Words, not in our reasoning or, "The Lord told me."  Jesus only "tells" us what He already told us.  At one point Job says, "I have said too much alreadyI have nothing more to say."  I can tell you, my friend, the longer I live, the more I concur with this, "....conclusion of the matter."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I just cannot comprehend You.  But I love You.  Amen.
********************
October 28-November 15 Mission is fast approaching.  We really appreciate any prayers.
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive