Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, September 15, 2017

"Too Wearisome" Or Too Wonderful, Which Do We Choose?

"But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end." (Psalm 73:16, 17-- ESV)

The Amplified says, "....it was too great an effort for me and too painful...."  When people attempt to figure out, or, "....how to understand..," life's mysteries, it is indeed, "....a wearisome task...";  Therefore, the conclusion of the matter is: Don't!

The 1599 Geneva Bible's footnote says, "Until I entered into Thy school and learned by Thy Word and Holy Spirit, that Thou orderest all things most wisely and justly."  What a tremendous exhortation by 1599 Followers of Jesus. 
The, "peace which passes understanding," can only be ours when we accept this "footnote."  It is only when I get "out of myself" and "into Thy School," that I can learn and "discern."  But even then, can we agree that we will never, "understand this," at least the way most want to "understand."  Maybe here is a good time to remind ourselves, "Be still, and know that I am God."

What a marvelous time I had this morning as our Lord Jesus, "....cleanse[d me] with the washing of water by the Word,.." in my Psalms reading and listening.  It was the opposite of, "....too great an effort for me...."  How absolutely refreshing and pleasant.  Some people call it "quiet time," but no matter.  It is time "apart" from the, "cares of this life,.." and enjoying the same as our Lord Jesus says, "I have desired to eat this Passover with you."  But it is more.  The desire of the Living Triune God is moment by moment refreshing, moment by moment fellowship, right now, no matter what you have been doing and will do, Jesus, "ever-present help...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for the, "times of refreshing," this morning------- and now--------and always.  Amen.
*********************
Prayers for the following, greatly appreciated:
* I will be preaching in two different Church gatherings, October 1 & 8.
* In a couple of weeks, I will be sending our final payment for our Berlin flat.
* I will be in DC on September 27.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive