Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

"Salvation Belongs To"----------------

"Salvation belongs to the Lord." (Psalm 3:8a)

"Salvation belongs to," none other.  Salvation does not, "belong," to me; "Salvation," does not, "belong," to you, nor governments, anything or anyone other than, "the Lord [Jesus Christ.]"


An ancient king told a woman who cried out to him, "'Help me, my lord, the king!'...The king replied, 'If the Lord does not help you, where can I get help for you?'"  And right here, my friend, is the issue.  We all have that tendency, when there seems to be no help from anywhere, when the Lord Jesus seems to be "delaying" help, or "answers," or anything, to take the route of, "....where can I get help...?"  This is the plague of modern American culture.  So very, very many are crying out to the government, the doctors, the financial advisors, friends, family, some even to pastors, "Help me, my lord, the------ whatevers."  And what happens when the "whatevers" cannot come through?

Now I am not saying that we should not help one another, nor should government, family, friends, etc., ignore the cries of the needy.  What I am saying to us "needy ones," however, is that while there may be some kind of help from man, it is not, "Salvation"-help.  And I'm not talking only about, "born again."  The Word for, "Salvation," here means, "deliverance, help, prosperity, saving, security, victories."  There are depths of help in you and me that no personage can "help."  They are fundamental issues, yes, even food, clothing, shelter, health.  If our cries are, "Help me, my lord the"------, the ultimate result will be a sheer pagan life style.

"Salvation belongs to the Lord."  Can we say that Jesus "owns" Salvation?  An ancient king was reported to have sought the help of physicians and not the Lord God.  Such a life style was condemned.  Physicians can be good; governments can be good; friends, family, pastors can all be good.  But when they are our first cry for help, they become evil to us.  The, "Salvation," in our text is the, "Salvation," of life, not just "evangelical salvation."  This is our All-compassing, Living Triune God, working in us and in the earth the, "Salvation (which) belongs to the Lord," only.  Neither I, nor you, nor any super religious hero, government, family, friends, etc., etc., can do what only our Lord Jesus Christ has done, is doing, and ever shall do!  Our prayer should be, "Help me, my Lord Jesus, the King."

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me for those times I "cried out to the"------ anyone or anything before or instead of You.  Amen.
**************************
Repetition:  October 28-November 15 Mission in Germany

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive