Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 24, 2017

It's Psalm 119 Day-- Yippee

"I have more insight than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation." (Psalm 119:99, NASB)

"Insight," is not your, "smarter than."  "Insight," is only in, "The Word of God," Himself, Jesus, in His Words.  "Insight," does not come from "book learnin'.  It comes from Book-reading.  Whatever, "insight," you and I have comes only in, "Your Testimonies/Word."  Never, ever think that it is your "natural ability." 

Here are some verses of which I took particular "note," this month as I read Psalm 119.  "....Your Word...produces reverence for You....And I will walk at liberty, for I seek Your Precepts (Words)....This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your Word has preserved me alive....From Your Precepts (Words) I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way....Trouble and anguish have found me, yet Your Commandments (Words) are my delight....Many are my persecutors and adversaries, yet I do not turn aside from Your Testimonies (Words)....Those who love Your Law (Words) have great peace."

Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote that if we ignore "morning prayers," the rest of the day is "lost."  I add to that, If we ignore, "the Words of God," the rest of the day is "lost."  Has this day been a "lost" day so far.  You know where the "lost and found department" is.

Father, in Jesus'  Name, there have been way too many lost days in my life.  I pray that I have learned something.  Amen.
**************************
* Fall Mission:  October 28-November 15

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive