Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

"....In The Strongest Terms:..'He Will Keep You Safe'"

"The Lord has said to me in the strongest terms: 'Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of youDo not fear anything except the Lord AlmightyHe alone is the Holy OneIf you fear Him, you need fear nothing elseHe will keep you safe.'" (Isaiah 8:11-14a, NLT, '96 Edition)

These Words are for Israel, the Church, for you and me, for anyone who will walk in, "....fear Him."  And be sure, nothing, "....will be the end of you", but the Purposes of the Living Triune God!

Notice that Jesus speaks these Words, "....in the strongest terms," which says to me that His Words are not to be trifled with.  Our Lord Jesus gives, "exceeding great and precious promises," as in our text.  But the promises are "alloyed" in commands, "If you fear Him, (then) you need fear nothing else."  There will be fear.  The question is, Whom (what) shall we fear? 

There are many, "....plan[s] conceived behind closed doors...," either from man or the Enemy of man.  "Some plan...," is being conceived right now to, "....be the end of you."  Jesus says, however, that instead of fearing, "some plan," walk in fear of Him.  I can say with certainty that if you and I do not, "fear the Lord," we will inevitably fear something/one else.

Though not available in the NLT then, Our Lord Jesus wrote our text in my mind and in my heart in July, 1970.  Our text brought tears to my eyes this morning, when I think of Jesus' care, mercy, empowerment, day by day--------- moment by moment.  I can tell you that if I did not walk, "....in the fear of the Lord [Jesus]," I would walk in a continual fear as to whether I could navigate all which the Enemy can throw at me.  I share with you the Words of Psalm 56, "In the day I am afraid, I am one who puts my trust in You."  What irony.  I fear the One Whom I love. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I fear not fearing You.  Amen.
******************
* I am going to DC Thursday, July 13.
* Berlin/Wittenberge Mission, October 28-November 15, 2017

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive