Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"But You Are...Enthroned In...Praises"

"But You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel." (Psalm 22:3)

The word for, "enthroned," can also be translated, "sit, remain, dwell."  The KJV says, "inhabits."  This is Presence, indeed.

So, if you and I want to be among those who, "dwell in the secret place of the Most High," I would suggest a life of continual praise.  There was a person who wrote a book decades ago called, From Prison to Praise.  It was his testimony of breaking free from a life of complaining, distress, even sickness, by learning the lesson of our text.

Worship gets me out of me and into Him; therefore, prudence would call for a life of worship.  It was no allegory when Jesus said, "If these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."  Worship is not a "one way street," though.  Many, many times throughout Scripture the Living Triune God heaps love, admiration, and blessing upon His People.  He is not some capricious god who is so "full of himself," just sitting on some throne enjoying adoration of his subjects, always expecting obedience, and adulation, yet never giving, serving, providing, or speaking of love to humanity. 

If one searches the Scriptures, one will realize that there is more expressing of love coming from the Blessed Trinity than from us to Him.  "Since you were precious in my sight, you have been honored, and I have loved you (Isaiah 43:4)....I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, with lovingkindness I have drawn you." (Jer. 31:3)  "For God loved the world this way-- He gave...."

Worship is fellowship.  Worship is participation in the Godhead.  While we express our praise, love, thanksgiving to Father, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit, He is expressing His love, honor, and giving to you and me.  Worship is dwelling, "in the secret place of the Most High," never leaving, unending love and joy and peace.  May you and I be witnesses to, "the secret place."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "I worship You, Almighty God; there is none like You."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive