Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 19, 2017

"The Lord's Song...Began"

"Then Hezekiah commanded them to offer the burnt offering on the altar And when the burnt offering began, the song of the Lord also began, with the trumpets and with the instruments of David king of Israel."  (2 Chronicles 29:27)

"The Lord's song...began," when our Lord Jesus Christ died on that Roman cross.  "....He said, 'It is finished!'  And bowing His head, He gave up His Spirit." 

Now the "uneducated" would say, "This is morbid, singing at someone's death."  They don't understand.  As the song writer said, "In His Death is my life."  Or perhaps someone might say that, "The Lord's song..," did not begin until Jesus' Resurrection.  Ah, Heaven knew; "It's Friday------- but Sunday's comin."

Maybe you and I should join in, "The Lord's song," when it looks as though we are finished, defeated, no hope.  "O, no.  I'll wait to sing after this is over."  I see; a "resurrection" singer only, huh?

Today, would you "renew covenant" with me, a covenant that, "Yes, even though I walk through the valley of death," I covenant to stir up, "The Lord's song," within me.  "You are my hiding place; You, Lord, protect me from trouble; You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7, Amplified Bible)

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are my power to live in, "The Lord's song."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive