Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, June 23, 2017

Are We Companions?

"I am a companion of all who fear You, and of those who keep Your precepts." (Psalm 119:63)

I wonder how many, "companion[s]," you and I have.

Have you ever noticed over the years who likes you and who seems not to like you?  Now it can be our personalities, or "intensity," or political views, Bible interpretation, etc., etc.  But there are certain personages who will never be our, "companion."  It is those who do not, "fear You," nor, "keep...precepts," of Jesus.  If you and I are of those who live our lives as those, "who fear You, and...who keep Your precepts," then our "circle of friends" might be small indeed.

We love ("agape") everyone, mostly because we are commanded to, and empowered to by the Indwelling Lord Jesus Christ.  But to be, "a companion," with someone, well, that is another matter.  The word for, "companion," can be translated, "associate,"or, "united."  Now that narrows the field.  Frankly, a Follower of Jesus can only be an, "associate," or, "united," with another Follower of Jesus, which of course means, "all who fear You, and...keep Your precepts."

I am not saying that my life is a judge of others' obedience to Jesus.  But I am saying that if you ever wonder why you just don't "click" with some, the answer could be found in our text.

Father, in Jesus' name, I pray I am a good, "companion, associate."  Amen
****************************
I hope you read the article on Germany and Islam.  As you know, I believe the Anti-Christ will come out of the Germanic People Group.  This growing "connection" with Arab/Islamism and Germany can be a step in the direction leading to Armageddon.  It certainly occurred during the 1930s and '40s.  Please pray for our Mission, October 28-November 15.  We had a significant travel charge added.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive